Friday, July 6, 2012


I can't believe that this is all done in ink!!!!!
I was inspired by the unique composition from the exhibit we saw at the Metropolitan Museum of art. The exhibit was works by Ellsworth Kelly. I love this quote by him
"The most pleasurable thing in the world for me....is to see something and then translate how I see it."

My portrait was inspired by Girgio de Chirico. Our class went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art and I saw this portrait and I absolutely loved it. The main reason being its different. In his portrait you want to know what he is looking at. And the background really gives the portrait some personality. Anyways My theme for my project was hands. And I wanted to make a drawing of something that Chirico was looking at in the portrait.....if that makes sense.





Boetti Exhibit at the MOMA

No comments:

Post a Comment